Auto Timesheet - Blog
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
” I visited your site today as I am looking for something to provide our company so that they can track time management. However I notice your site seems to have ceased communications or updates back in July of 2009. So I guess I just trying to find out if any one is home. Are you still alive?”
Yes! We are alive! We have been in hibernation over the winter working and re-working our software. Now spring is here and we have some excellent news! We have implemented a graphical visualization of the time you are spending.
With these new updates you will be able to visualize time spent on both a per day and per hour basis. Also, different projects are now color coded. Try moving your pointer over the graph and see how projects in the list change their order to show you the name of the project currently located under your pointer.
The graphical view will help you identify what software and web sites are used, at what time of day. This feature is crucial in allowing contractors to correctly charge their overtime hours. For our Enterprise clients, employers will have the ability to allow for things like personal use of internet during a break. Parents can use this feature to see what their kids do at night.
You can save the graph as an image in one of number of different formats. You can select a part of the graph and then enlarge it for ease of use. Three different views of the time line will show the information in three different ways.
Please try it and let us know what you would do to improve it.
Once again, we sincerely thank you for your interest in our product and we continue to truly value your feedback and feature suggestions.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
My name is Alina Stroe and I am a test enginer at DownloadSofts.com. I have done some tests over your product named Auto Timesheet v. 1.1. I am impressed by the quality and cleanliness of the program. I found Auto Timesheet v. 1.1 clean of adware/spyware and they qualified it as Clean & Safe. Accordingly to the tests results that I have made, I grant your product with Clean & Safe DownloadSofts Award.
Friday, July 10, 2009
That said traffic to the site was fairly low. 40 - 50 unique visits per day.... Until yesterday
Most of these visitors came from http://www.stumbleupon.com/url/autotimesheet.com - that review is not recent there.. It is posted 5 weeks ago!
Why have we suddenly come to people's attention? Any ideas? Please post in comments.
UPDATE (Jul 15) - I have confirmed that most of these new visitors came through StumbleUpon. There are 2 comments below that support that fact. I began actively 'stumbling' myself: http://ep68.stumbleupon.com :)
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Auto Time Sheet is really beginning to take hold as a reputable, safe, user-friendly application. We are already quickly becoming one of the premier providers of automated time management applications and have our sites set on being Number 1 in the very near future.
We are well ranked after only a couple weeks in most of the major search engines and our position is on the rise.
Through the use of our top-secret SEO techniques (unheard of in the industry) we have already begun to propel our software to the top ranks of the most popular web-based search tools.
A little SEO + a solid application + a little hard work = a great reputation (and fast).
Check out our revolutionary application for free today and make sure to drop us a line if you have any interest in our upcoming release of the PRO version for corporations. Everyone is tightening their belts both internally and externally and our low cost Auto Time Sheet Pro version may be just the tool to make sure managers are getting the most out of every member of their teams.
Number 1 with a bullet...we are very excited!
Keep checking back in for more info and updates.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
The milestone in this case is the submission of ATS to over 1000 Download sites and popular search engines. All of the above have accepted the software submission without delay and have determined that the application is Virus, bug and Malware free.
Check out a letter we recently received...
Hello Auto Timesheet,
We are glad to inform you that your link was accepted at our directory.
If you do not remember, signing up for this directory, do not be alarmed, from time to time the webmaster finds exceptional sites like yours and adds it for you, it is free and this is the only e-mailings you will receive on this subject.
- from "N-Americaoutdoors.com".
We thought it was kind of funny that we ended up on their Archery page, but we'll take credit wherever we can get it. See for yourself ...
All jokes aside, we would like to sincerely thank "N-Americaoutdoors.com" for their unsolicited vote of confidence in our product.
You can also find us at the following sites:
as well as many, many more of your favorite, trusted sites.
ATS is safe, secure and widely available for free download and use. Download it today and tell a friend. Unleash the true potential of this product and start tracking your time and work efforts more effectively and efficiently today.
Monday, June 1, 2009
Auto Timesheet logs the sites, files and applications you work with. The main purpose of the application is to gather information about the time a user spends on each application, website or file. The collected information can be used for personal time management, parental control, managerial control over the employees' time in an enterprise, timesheets, billing etc.
Autotimesheet registers all the applications running on the computer, when their windows are active, and logs the time of the activity.
- Application Developers
- Project estimators
- Sales Personnel
- Technical Writers
- RFP bidders
Main features of the application:
- Registering working time, thinking time (when the window is active, but there is no user activity) and total time spent with the application
- Filtering of data by time range and other parameters
- Flexible logging configuration (by window title, child window title, website URL, full or substring, etc.)
- Assigning files, applications and websites into groups to summarize the time spent on them
- Auto startup
- Auto update
- Export of collected data (HTML, CSV and Excel XML formats)
- Auto Timesheet does not send any information over the internet
- All data is processed locally and reports are created right on your desktop
- There is no need in an internet connection, web site or web hosting to host your data or create reports
- The Contractor version of the Auto Timesheet is absolutely free and does not require any fee, license or subscription.
- We do not gather your email address to download Auto Timesheet or it's future upgrades
Visit the application's website
Please visit the application's website: http://autotimesheet.com
You can download the latest version of the application, read the latest news or ask questions.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Change report for 1.0.3329 Beta - Feb 11, 2009
- Added ability to add projects to groups
- Added ability to add several projects to a group at once
- Added ability to add a project to more than one group
- Added new menu Tools
- Added functions to update old database
- Added web links to the About -> Web menu
- Fixed bug in the uninstaller related to the Windows Vista installer
- Changed Tray Icon Double Click to Tray Icon Click
- Changed menu names
- Changed visibility of the ToolStrip menu buttons
Friday, January 23, 2009
Change report for 1.0.3306 Beta - Jan 18, 2009
- Added new "Projects form"
- Added ability to edit project's data with "Edit Data Form"
- Added ability to delete projects and all their records in database
- Added splash-screen
- Created new "Filter Reset" button
- Changed filter list (remember last 20 words used as filter)
- Added new functionality to compare projects: exact match and substring
- Added time fixing for filter (if the last date is earlier than the first one, then the "apply" button sets the first date equal the last one)
- Added ability to "Search within Results" (search in the current data without a SQL request)
- Changed project list for forms "Add Data Form" and "Edit Data Form" (removed duplicated project names)
- Fixed the "double menu" bug (occurred when selecting text in project cell while it was in the editing mode)
- Fixed report table when two or more years selected
- Fixed summary time string in status bar and export files
- Fixed bug with SQL request (double request)
- Some changes in SQL requests for finding project ID in database due to the new comparison functionality ("exact match" and "substring").
Saturday, December 27, 2008
At any time the data can be exported to Excel spreadsheet or HTML page so the reports are always accessible when you need them. This is one of the key features that makes the software so valuable. In moments you can generate an accurate report which allows you to keep moving and doing what you have to do instead of spending hours trying to create spreadsheets and manually track your activities.
The software continues to be developed and we are always looking on our forums and in email for user advice on how to improve the software. We also appreciate reports of any bugs you may find. This software is a work in progress, however there have already been numerous fixes and updates since the release just a few weeks ago. Download the newest version today to see where we are in the development process.
Auto Time Sheet is primed to be the premier time tracking software and the paid employer version already has massive interest and promise.
Go download the software now and stay tuned.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
We found a few areas that may be improved and then I sent a message to all my 1800 linkedin contacts asking their opinion. The question sounded like "...with all the automation and online apps available today...if there was one thing in your life or business that wasn't already automated but you would love to automate or bring online what would it be?"
You can imagine the answers... People want to automate their jobs, bosses, wives, want to get a month worth salary for a day work effort... However some replies were interesting and inline with my and my friends' thoughts. The areas for automation were in:
- electronic kitchen devices to help people find recipes and make better and various dishes
- online travel reports that somehow included receipts acceptable to accounting for faster travel reimbursement
- pattern / trend development
- a washer and dryer that was capable of sending an IM/SMS/Email when the cycles were done and a web access to the controls, so one can start it before he leaves the office
- an automatic inventory of the food in the kitchen that updates a shopping list which is provided to an online grocery and the missing basics (milk, fruits, vegetables, etc.) are automatically delivered
However the best advice was given by Bruno Roques: "Definitely time sheets. Trying to remember what you've spent your time on every end of month and filling manually an Excel sheet with hours per project is the most boring non creative but essential thing I know".
And then Nathalie Toussaint added "I work on several projects per day so I would love a widget that time monitors my computer activities (the files or mail I open/create/work on ...) . At the end of the week, my time sheet automatically opens and I can associate files/mails, or web addresses to projects."
The time management idea looked so intriguing so we immediately started our research. We found few different types of online project management software, time attendance and time management applications, few timecard (timeclock) and time sheet web sites. Some of them looked nice but they all required end users to enter their hours manually. And that is exactly the point we wanted to eliminate. We are very, very lazy people :) We also firmly believe that laziness is the catalyst of technological progress. Only a very lazy person could have even had the inclination to invent a wheel... So we couldn't sit idly by while thousands (or maybe millions) of people manually type their timesheets... We decided to completely automate it. Stay tuned for updates.